Learn the Process & Costs Associated with Mediation in Newton & the South Shore
At Kellem✶Mahoney Family Law & Mediation Group, P.C., our divorce mediators serve clients in Massachusetts, offering answers to pressing questions about mediation. Below, we share some of the most important aspects that mediation may fulfill in your divorce matter.
What Happens in Mediation?
In mediation, clients are educated about the financial and legal issues they must discuss and decide; clients are guided in talking through conflicts and issues; guaranteed confidentiality and privacy in the process; and provided a customized Separation Agreement and other documents for filing with the Probate court.
When it comes to resolving family law disputes, traditional court litigation can be costly, time-consuming, and emotionally draining. Mediation offers a more collaborative and cost-effective approach to resolving conflicts and reaching mutually beneficial agreements.
At Kellem Mahoney Family Law & Mediation Group, P.C., our experienced mediators in Hingham, MA can guide you through the mediation process and help you achieve a resolution that works for you and your family. Some benefits of choosing mediation include:
- Greater control over the outcome of your case
- Less adversarial and more cooperative approach
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Flexibility in scheduling and location
- Lower costs compared to litigation
Whether you are going through a divorce, custody dispute, or other family law matter, our team is committed to providing personalized and compassionate guidance every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about how mediation can work for you. Mediation can work for most people going through divorce or separation across the South Shore. For some people or situations, particularly those involving domestic violence or other forms of abuse, it may not be recommended.
How Does Mediation Work?
Other Aspects of Mediation Include:
- Who is Included - Clients may participate in mediation by themselves or with attorneys
- How much does mediation cost - Clients share the cost of the mediation
- Referrals - Clients can receive referrals for outside expert services if helpful or needed. These services may include accountants, financial advisors, parenting experts, therapists, Certified Divorce Financial Analysts, real estate appraisers, business valuation experts, and others
- Communication - Mediators are trained to help clients communicate with each other effectively
- Mutual Agreements - Mediators are trained to help clients break impasses and reach agreements with issues such as spousal support and child custody
- Transparency - Mediation helps correct information and power imbalances that may exist between the clients
- Is mediation voluntary - Yes, mediation is completely voluntary
- How long does mediation last - Mediation can move along as fast as the clients both wish
- Privacy - Mediation requires full disclosure of financial information that is relevant to the resolution of the divorce
- Time Efficiency - Mediation avoids much of the stress, wasted time, expense, uncertainty, lost work time, loss of control, and embarrassment of court litigation
What you can expect when working with our firm.