Divorce Lawyers in Hingham
Put 25+ Years of Experience to Work
If you and your spouse have decided to get a divorce, you have likely come to the decision after a lot of thinking and talking. At Kellem✶Mahoney Family Law & Mediation Group, P.C., we understand that this can be a trying time, regardless of the reasons for your divorce. Our goal is to help you get through the serious and complex legal process with as little stress as possible. We strive to keep your best interest and the best interest of any children involved at the forefront.
Our firm is prepared to handle all types of divorce cases, including:
To learn more about how to protect your rights in a divorce, schedule a case consultation with a Hingham divorce attorney. Call us now at (781) 304-4001.
Grounds for Divorce in Massachusetts
The state of Massachusetts allows for both fault and no-fault grounds for divorce. A no-fault divorce can be obtained two different ways, 1A or 1B:
- A 1A divorce can be filed if both spouses agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken. This must be signed on a legal document to become valid, with the addition of a notarized separation agreement. This will contain all information regarding the terms of the divorce that both spouses have agreed upon. These terms include issues regarding custody support, and other matters.
- If the issues have not been agreed upon, a 1B divorce may be filed. Naturally, this option is more time consuming and complex due to the nature of the laws surrounding those issues. Keep in mind, filing for a 1B divorce is not set-in stone, as you may be able to still resolve your differences amicably if the opportunity presents itself.
In Massachusetts, there are seven grounds for a fault-based divorce:
- Committing adultery
- Excessive drug or alcohol abuse
- Abusive treatment
- Refusal to provide financial support, if applicable
- A jail sentence of five or more years
Deciding whether to file for a fault or no-fault divorce will largely determine the cost and duration of your case. It is important to consult with our attorney with questions you may have before making any decisions.
Approaching the Important Elements of Your Divorce
Whether you are facing a contested divorce or one which is amicable, it is important that you are aware of what to expect. There are a number of different decisions you will have to make in regards to your shared assets and property, as well as your children and finances. Having a South Shore divorce lawyer on your side is essential.
You can rely on us to help you navigate every aspect of your divorce, including:
Hire a Skilled South Shore Divorce Attorney
Whether you and your spouse have already agreed to divorce or you have not yet served papers and want to consult with a lawyer, Kellem✶Mahoney Family Law & Mediation Group, P.C. can help. As South Shore divorce lawyers, we have years of experience practicing divorce litigation and mediation and have helped many families successfully get through their divorce and family law issues.
Let our firm help you get through your divorce by creating a safe environment and protecting your best interest. Contact us now.
“So professional throughout the whole process”
“I personally wouldn’t go anywhere else for a divorce lawyer!”
“Not only did they boost my confidence with their legal prowess, but they were genuinely caring and attentive to my needs throughout the entire process.”
“I highly recommend Renee and her team.”
“I highly recommend her.”
We Have Been There
Our attorneys know how it feels to go through a divorce, and we are here to help.
A Client-Centered Firm
Our clients are our top priority. You can depend on us to respect your best interests.
We Care About Cost
We keep our eye on the budget, & make sure your case is handled cost-effectively.
We Provide Full Service
We are capable of handling all aspects of your family law proceeding.