Mediator and Attorney
David’s strengths in family law draw on his broad legal background. Before forming David Kellem Law Group, P.C., he spent 25 years representing clients in the wide range of areas that relate to family law: divorce, real estate, business representation, litigation, and wills and estates.
David’s training in criminal law informs his representation of clients in restraining order and abuse cases. From 1983 to 1987, he prosecuted street-crime cases in Manhattan as an assistant district attorney with the New York County District Attorney’s Office. His work included jury trials, grand jury presentations, and appeals involving cases of murder, robbery, narcotics sales, burglary, weapons possession and sexual assault.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University, David graduated with honors from Suffolk University Law School in 1981. He honed his writing skills as lead articles editor for the Suffolk University Law Review and after graduation as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph R. Weisberger of the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
David has a special interest in family mediation and is dedicated to its growth and development.
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation (MCFM)
- Certified Mediator
- Board of Directors
- Chairperson, MCFM Court Connected Mediation Committee
- Program Director, MCFM Court Connected Mediation, Middlesex Probate Court Pilot
- Member, Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM)
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Member, Family Law Section, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Volunteer mediator, Middlesex Probate & Family Court
- Volunteer attorney, Massachusetts Probate & Family Court ARC program (Attorneys Representing Children)
- Author, “The Amygdala Diaries,” Summer 2015, Family Mediation Quarterly
- Co-author, “Wounded In Love; Welcomed In Mediation,” Winter 2014, Family Mediation Quarterly
- Author, “Busy Being Born: Bob Dylan’s Notes on Mediation,” Winter 2013, Family Mediation Quarterly
- Program Developer and Presenter, MCFM Workshop, “Buy the Numbers? The Problem of the Self-Employed Client in Mediation,” February 2016.
- Program presenter, Mediation Training Workshop, “Listening Deeply to Clients in Mediation,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), January 2016 and July 2015
- Program Developer and Presenter, MCFM Workshop, “Wounded in Love, Welcomed in Mediation” December 2014
Outside the office, David has acquired the patience and endurance family law practitioners need by competing three times in the Mount Washington Auto Road bicycle race and cycling through the Alps and Pyrenees. His favorite non-legal outlet these days is his role as front man for the world’s second-most-dangerous-band, Assisted Living.
Telephone number: 781-804-1303